Thursday, November 17, 2011

Book Review: Lonestar Angel, by Colleen Coble

I fully enjoyed “Lonestar Angel,” by Colleen Coble. This book is a romantic mystery, an unusual combination that really works. I loved the character development and the mystery was truly difficult to figure out. The story of lost love and a lost child was believable and really kept the plot moving forward as you watch the two main characters, Eden and Clay, struggle with their emotions and realize their continued love for each other. The other characters all seem to have their own secrets, some of which you don’t discover until the very end. The story was not at all predictable, which is refreshing from most other novels that I’ve recently read. The end of the book is a surprise and the twists and turns the plot takes you on is quite an emotional roller coaster. I love the connections between the different characters that go back into the past but somehow drew everyone together again. The writing by Colleen was strong and the book was a pleasure to read. She obviously did her homework on legal issues as well as the location of the story. I love an author who pays attention to detail. I also enjoyed the subtle Christian undertone. Although the characters think and talk about God occasionally, I didn’t feel like the religious aspect of it overpowered the rest of the story. I also enjoyed how clean the language and relationships were in the book. Overall, a must read for anyone who enjoys a nice romance with a little mystery and adventure thrown in!

disclosure: the publisher has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book through BookSneeze®.

No comments:

Post a Comment